Applicants for ADA transportation services must have a professional(s) who is familiar with the applicant’s particular disability and current ability to use fixed route buses verify the information that the applicant has provided. The professional verification should be someone other than the applicant requesting ADA transportation services.
Some examples of professionals include the following:
- physician or registered nurse
- occupational therapist
- psychiatrist, psychologist, or mental health counselor
- independent living skills trainer
- special education teacher
- mobility instructor or travel trainer